Saturday 5 January 2013

Swirling in the mists

So, here I am. Adding another blog to my name, and to the ever-expanding blogosphere. 

This one is, I suppose you could say, my attempt to create a space for processing and synthesising my professional readings (nodding in the direction of Bloom). My brain has become full-to-overflowing with the constant changes and new products of IT in education. Twitter is great - my PLN (ooh-err, look at me with the flash buzz words). But what do you do with so much information? I bookmark a lot of it on Diigo but I then tend to forget what is in there. 

So, here I am. Adding another blog to my name, and to the ever-expanding blogosphere.


Just in case you want to buy the shirt: http://bit.ly/Wjcqhd
Today, my biggest blog decisions have been what background to use, and what to call it. I remember when I first started teaching, many moons ago, I had that noob idea that I was supposed to know everything; to be the fountain of knowledge. Luckily, I had landed in a department where lots of people knew lots of things but nobody professed to know it all. It was the perfect spot for a beginner. The internet was in its embryonic stage back then, so I have been lucky enough to grow along with it. I only had to endure a few years of spending hours (and spending money on photocopying) in the Auckland Public Library trawling through tomes to gather notes for my students. Thank goodness for the internet - not so much wheel-inventing needed now; I just have to add my own spokes. 

So, here I am. Adding another blog to my name, and to the ever-expanding blogosphere. I know, I know.... stop repeating myself; it's not interestingly arty, it's just annoying ;)